Northland Regional Transport Plans
Our two major transport plans – the Regional Land Transport Plan 2015-2021 and Regional Public Transport Plan 2015-2025 – were adopted by council in April 2015 and June 2015 respectively.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to put forward their views and help us shape these important plans.
The Regional Land Transport Plan takes a broad ten year view of Northland's transport direction, but also focuses in greater detail on projects over the next six years (2015-2021). The plan is Northland's collective bid for funding assistance from the National Land Transport Fund, administered by the New Zealand Transport Agency.
The council is also required to prepare a Regional Public Transport Plan as it administers and rates contracted bus services and administers the Total Mobility Scheme.
Both plans are required to be reviewed every three years.
We received a total of 437 submissions on the two transport plans, and 64 submitters took the opportunity to present their views at hearings.
You can read more about the Regional Transport Committee's hearings committee deliberations on the feedback, and subsequent council decisions in the following documents:
- Hearings committee minutes of hearings (PDF, 146KB)
- Hearings committee minutes of deliberation (PDF, 46KB)
- Guide to Response - Action Taken on Submissions (PDF, 815KB)
- Final Regional Land Transport Plan adoption - 21 April council meeting agenda (see item 7.4)
- Final Regional Public Transport Plan adoption -16 June council meeting agenda (see item 7.4)