Cash fare - single trip
Adult single - $3.00
Child single - $2.00
10-trip concession card (ten single trips)
Adult - $25.00
Child - $16.00
Cash transfer fare - allows you to transfer at Rose Street from one route to another within one hour of first boarding
Adult - $4.00
Child - $2.50
10-trip transfer ticket - allows ten transfer trips at Rose Street on specified routes only within one hour of first boarding (five trips in the morning, and five trips back in the afternoon).
This ticket type is ideal if you travel across the same two routes every day
Adult - $40.00
Child - $25.00
10 trip transfer tickets are available for the following routes only:
- From: Onerahi to Kamo/Tikipunga and back
- From: Raumanga/Morningside to Kamo/Tikipunga and back
- From: Kamo/Tikipunga to Raumanga/Morningside and back
- From: Onerahi to Raumanga/Morningside and back.
Tickets can only be used for transfer trips made on the same day, within one hour of first boarding, and where both parts of the same journey are made either in the morning “am” or the afternoon “pm”.
When you first board the bus, the driver will click the route number in the relevant “am” or “pm” box to indicate first trip taken.
On the second bus, the driver will check this is a transfer trip (i.e. now boarding a different route number) and clip the second “am” or “pm” box.
10 trip transfer tickets cannot be used:
• as a return ticket (ie Onerahi back to Onerahi)
• for single trips
As 10 trip transfer tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, please consider carefully if this ticket suits your needs before buying one.
Where can I buy tickets?
You can buy all tickets from drivers. You can also buy concession cards from the Northland Regional Council office at 36 Water St, Whangarei.
Notes about fares:
- Transfer fares should be requested from the driver at the start of your trip. This allows you to transfer to other routes within 60 minutes of purchasing your ticket (but excludes return trip).
- A child is someone aged 5-14 years of age (inclusive), or someone who is still attending school with proof of evidence - find out more
- Children under five travel for free.
- SuperGold card holders travel for free during off-peak hours - find out more