Bay of Islands rubbish options - Summer 2016-17
Rubbish barge will operate from Tuesday 27th December, followed by Thursday 29 and Friday 30 December.
During January the service will operate on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
This service is run on a weather-dependent basis and will reduce towards the end of January as demand drops off.
- 9.30-11am - campsites on Urupukapuka Island
- 11.30am-2.30pm - anchored close to the south-eastern end of Moturua Island
- Fee $5.00 per bag of rubbish (cash only). Charge applies whether pre-paid or plain bags are used.
- Recyclables also accepted – fee also applies and depends on quantity
- Weather-dependent - listen to Russell Radio (VHF Channel 63) for information.
Shore-based facilities also available at Ōpua and Rāwhiti as below:
|Rāwhiti||Te Tawa Hill||
Sun 18 Dec - Tue 31 Jan
Wed 1 Feb -
|Yes (if clean and sorted). No charge|
|Ōpua||In carpark near fuel jetty||Mon 26 Dec -
Tue 24 Jan
|7am-6pm daily||Yes (if clean and
sorted). No charge
Download the rubbish barge information poster (PDF, 600KB)