Habitat Heroes competition
About the 2017 competition
Habitat Heroes encourages young people to explore a local natural environment and think about how they can make a difference.
The 2017 competition will be taking place in New Zealand between 18 April 2017 and 29 September 2017.
To enter, groups of two or more students you'll need to:
- Get outside – explore and investigate the health of a local natural environment.
- Get their teacher/group leader to register your group online.
- Share a summary of their work on any online channel (school blog, YouTube, Facebook, etc.) to be in to win one of six prizes. Students need to share:
- learning and experiences outdoors, in particular, the observations regarding the health of the local environment
- ideas and an intended action that could be taken to improve the health of the local environment.
- Email their entry to conservED@doc.govt.nz This could be a weblink to their blog, video, photos, PowerPoint presentation, or a PDF document. Students could also post the entry on social media with the hashtag #HabitatHeroes.
Note: entries do not have to be new investigations, they can be already existing projects being completed by a group.
Check out teaching and learning resources (Opens in a new window).