BeeGAP – Gardeners Adding Pollinators
Creative Woodcraft Limited has developed and launched an exciting initiative “BeeGAP” (Gardeners Adding Pollinators) programme to close the “bee gap” for pollination of the food supply threatened by the declining honey bee. Gardeners are one of the strongest voices for creating awareness and encouraging raising gentle natured leafcutter bees nationwide. This powerful group typically is quick to try new ways for growing healthy food and plants in their yards.
Schools can become supporters of BeeGAP, it would be a wonderful example of a partnership for pollinator change. Gardeners are starting to change the way they pollinate their gardens, and how they use chemicals.
BeeGAP supporters will have access to:
- Education and support bee pollination and ways to protect the environment.
- Presentation materials for the BeeGAP speaker’s bureau. Gardeners can increase awareness within their communities and within school systems.
- Access to their online shop offering bee friendly products to raise leafcutter bees and also encourage bumble bees.
- Discounts on bee products.
- At the same time, Enviroschool participants can help one another and create awareness and publicity of their own.
- Teach the community and children about the amazing pollination capabilities of summer leafcutter bees and bumble bees, and their vital importance to our food supply.
- Raise and harvest leafcutter bees, then rehome excess bee cocoons with other schools, family and friends.
- Adopt-A-Bee program – raising awareness.
For more information check out the BeeGap website.